Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make an anonymous gift? Will I still receive my tax receipt? 
Anonymous donors must list their personal information for tax purposes, but that information will remain confidential within the Development Office. In all school and public announcements, the donation will be listed as anonymous if requested by the donor.

How do I mail in my donation? 
Click here to open a printable donation form.

If I live in the United States, is my gift to Providence tax deductible? 
Yes, but you must make your gift to the D.M. Stearns Missionary Fund.  

  • Your cheque should be made out to:
          D.M. Stearns Missionary Fund
          P.O. Box 1578
          North Wales, PA, USA 19454

  • Designation to Providence University College and Theological Seminary should be on a separate note or on the outside right-hand corner of the envelope and not on the face of the cheque.

  • D.M. Stearns Missionary Fund is unable to accept credit card donations.

Can I set up a scholarship in my name, or the name of a loved one? 
Yes. You name the award and decide who qualifies for it and how it will be funded. For more information, see the section on scholarships or contact the Development Office for further details.

Can I make Providence the beneficiary of my life insurance policy? 
Yes. By making Providence University College and Theological Seminary the owner and beneficiary, you receive a charitable receipt for the cash value and for the premiums you pay. Contact the Development Office for further details or see the section on life insurance and pension.

Can I specify my gift to Providence to a certain area of interest? 
We have many projects to which you can donate. We are certain that we can find an area to match your interests. Contact the Development Office for more details.

How do I know that my donation to Providence is handled properly?
Providence is a member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities. We are certified and approved by this independent Council as a trustworthy organization. More information on donors rights in giving to Providence can be found here. More information of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities can be found here.

Need more information? 
Do you need more information on these or other giving-related topics? Please contact the Development Office.




10 College Crescent
Otterburne, Manitoba, Canada, R0A 1G0
Phone: (204) 433-7488 or (800) 668-7768
Fax: (204) 433-7158
Copyright @ 2015
Providence University College & Theological Seminary   
Privacy Policy