USA Students



At Providence we are blessed with a multicultural Christian community of international students representing approximately 16% of our student population.

Note: If you are from Minnesota, Providence University College participates with the Government of Manitoba in a reciprocity agreement meaning Minnesotans pay Canadian tuition rates.


At Providence we believe that university education is about more than knowledge. A Providence education integrates faith and learning. Our students grow spiritually through chapels, Bible studies, prayer groups, and interaction with other students and faculty in and out of the classroom.

Providence University College program offerings

Providence Seminary program offerings


Providence University College & Theological Seminary is accredited by U.S.-based accrediting organizations (the Association for Biblical Higher Education and the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada) which are recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Degree offerings range from one-year certificates to Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degrees.

More Accreditation Information


American students definitely benefit with Providence's location one hour north of the Canada/U.S.A. border (above Minnesota and North Dakota). Enjoy the economic benefits of studying in Canada while at the same time easily returning home for holidays and breaks.

More Location Information

Financial Incentives

Costs for American students coming to Providence are significantly lower than costs at comparable schools in the United States.

For single students attending Providence University College, estimated basic costs for one academic year (September to April) including room and board are $13,390.00 CAD. The cost for married students is approximately $18,256.00 CAD. For a breakdown of costs, click here.*

For single students attending Providence Theological Seminary, estimated basic costs for one academic year (September to April) including room and board are $16,435.00 CAD. The cost for married students is approximately $21,351.00 CAD. For a breakdown of costs, click here.*

Universal Currency Converter


All USA citizens are required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document when entering the United States. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) is a U.S. law that requires all travellers, including U.S. and Canadian citizens, to present a valid passport or other approved secure document when entering the United States from Canada or Mexico. United States permanent residents must show their Permanent Resident Card (green card).

Other WHTI compliant documents for American citizens include: a passport card (for land and sea travel only), trusted traveler cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST), state issued Enhanced Driver's License (if available), Enhanced Tribal Cards (if available), Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card, Form I-872 American Indian Card.

Study Permit & Work Permit Information

Driving in Canada

As an American student in Manitoba, if you hold a valid driver’s license from the USA you can simply use your American license while studying in Canada. This is because Manitoba recognizes American driver licenses and license plates as long as you are a student. Remember to always have your student ID card with you when you are driving as proof of your student status.

Manitoba Public Insurance

Health Insurance

Manitoba Health Insurance is available free to students and their family members if they have a study permit valid for more than six months from the date that Manitoba Health Insurance is applied for. Application for Manitoba Health can be made at the Manitoba Health offices at 300 Carlton St., Winnipeg where a MBHealth card will be issued while you wait. Application can also be made in St. Pierre-Jolys at the Bilingual Service Centre 427 Sabourin Street. Coverage will start on the same date as the “date of issue” shown on the student’s study permit. Students may be billed for health services provided before receipt of the health card, however, Manitoba Health will reimburse the costs.

More Health Insurance Information

Providence has an American postal address. You can send mail to us at:
Providence University College and Seminary
P.O. Box 129
Lancaster, MN
10 College Crescent
Otterburne, Manitoba, Canada, R0A 1G0
Phone: (204) 433-7488 or (800) 668-7768
Fax: (204) 433-7158
Copyright @ 2015 Providence
Privacy Policy