Take part in Providence’s new fully PDGA certified and sanctioned Disc Golf course!
Providence Bookstore offers a selection of golf discs for sale. Rental discs are also available at a very low rate so you can try out different disk types and weights. A deposit will be required to cover lost discs. See in store for details.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Leave the course cleaner than you found it.
- Disc golf is played by throwing flying discs (Frisbees) towards a chain basket. The objective is to land the disc in the chain basket with as few throws and penalties as possible. The winner is the player with the lowest score after 9 or 18 holes.
- A golfer's first throw at each hole must be made with both feet on the correct tee pad. When a player is throwing don't do anything that might distract them.
- Never throw until the players ahead are out of range, and the fairway is completely clear of park guests. Be polite and patient in waiting for others to clear the area or return to play that hole later.
- After teeing off, the player whose disc is farthest from the chain basket always throws first. Other players in the group should stay behind the player throwing.
- Fairway throws and putts must be made with either foot on the exact spot (lie) where the disc came to rest with the other foot no closer to the chain basket than the foot on the lie. A player may not step past their lie when putting within 10 meters of the chain basket until the disc has come to rest.
- A disc that is suspended by the chains or basket completes that hole. Your score is the number of throws it took to complete the hole.
- For the next hole the player with the lowest score on the previous hole is the first to tee off.
- One round of disc golf is typically 9 or 18 holes.
Prov Students: Join our fall league for only $5. Discs can be signed out or purchased from the Book Store. To register, sign up at the athletics bulletin board in the student centre.